In modern installations which run cost driven, factors like Total Cost of Ownership become an important element in running a plant efficiently and more profitable.
This new approach of plant operations called for a redesign of classic instrument protection cabinets which are made from glass reinforced polyester (GRP), heated by expensive thermostatic control explosion proof space heaters.
The PS-1 is a full instrument enclosure capable of protecting transmitters and gauges against environments which are very cold (down to -60°C/-76°F) at very low costs.
Low cost in this case actually means Total Cost, being the initial cost for purchasing, assembling and testing, but also the cost for operation, as both it’s price and the amount of energy needed to keep the instruments from freezing are excellently low.
Highlights of PS-1 enclosures:
- Full enclosure made from stainless steel with coated cover.
- Integral high performance 30 mm insulation shell and back plate.
- Suitable for modular Multi Instruments manifolds (2, 3, 4 and 5-valve).
- No wet connections inside the box (all accessible at the back of the plate).
- No space heater but a compact EEx-d 48Watt contact heater.
- Energy consumption up to 75% lower then conventional space heater solutions.
- Safety Glass inspection window.
- Heating with electric EEx contact heater
(ATEX/CSA/GOST-EX) or steam/hot water heater.
- Junction box for heater connection and powering process lines (optional).
- Impulse line & compression type fittings outlet insulation cover (IK-1